Monday, July 26, 2010

Fried Zucchini

Zucchini squash is in season here in Maine and we picked up some yesterday from a farmer right down the road. We picked up 2 medium/large zucchini and 1 small/medium. I used the smaller one for friend zucchini last night kind of as an appetizer for my husband and I.

Fried Zucchini
1 small to medium zucchini
1 Cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
Vegetable oil

Mix egg with milk, in a shallow bowl, until bubbles form. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a pan on medium heat. Wash zucchini well, cut off ends. Slice zucchini in 1/8th inch slices. Coat slices in egg wash, then bread crumbs. Fry in oil until golden brown on both sides and tender. Drain well on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
Hubby's Rating:
Like it. I forgot to ask him tonight so I just had to call him at work and he seemed a little stressed....woops!

My Take:
I used to have this at least once a week when I was in college, in the dining hall. Then they stopped making it :(. But, I'm glad I thought of it for last night. It was soo good! And, the zucchinis were 3 for a $1...you can't really beat that, can you? Wait until you read what I make with the other two zucchini squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment