Friday, July 16, 2010

Korean BBQ Marinade

I made the marinade for this Wednesday, then let it sit in the fridge overnight by itself. Thursday mid afternoon I poured about 3/4 Cup over 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast (in my Season and Serve container from Tupperware), flipped the container a few times, then placed back in the fridge until it was time to cook! I served the finished chicken over a bed of noodles.

I tried my hand at searing once again. This time, after reading this article. Then, I baked the chicken breast for 20 minutes at 300 degrees F (using convection--350 for 30 minutes using conventional).

Here's the recipe!

Korean BBQ Marinade

1 Cup white sugar
1 Cup low sodium soy sauce
1 Cup water
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
2 tsp chopped scallions
1 Tbsp lemon juice

In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together first 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove mixture from heat, let cool. Whisk in lemon juice. Use as a marinade for chicken or as a sauce for stir fry, etc.

This recipe made enough for us to have it probably 2-3 times. I do not know how long it will keep in the fridge, but I suspect quite a while. I want to try it in a chicken stir fry next!

Hubby's Rating:
LOVE it! I was surprised by his rating. He's a really simple guy and isn't into the gourmet or ethnic foods. He could literally eat pizza every day of the week and he'd be happy. Not sure if he loved it because it was 10 o'clock at night and he hadn't eaten most of the day, or because he really did love it!

My Take: It was soooo good! The outside of the chicken was a bit crisp, but the instead was moist and wonderful. I can't wait to try it as a sauce for stir fry. I have been looking for a good stir fry sauce FOREVER!!

2 comments:

  1. oh yum...I looove Kroean food!!! sounds delish!

    Joannie

    "I'm a blogger, follow me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    This was our first time trying anything Korean, but I loved it! We're having friends over soon and I am going to use the marinade as a sauce for the stir fry, yumm!

    ReplyDelete