Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Meatloaf, Roasted Potatoes and Roasted Corn on The Cob

I got a new stove Monday and I wanted to try it out desperately. So, even though it was 95 degrees outside and 80 degrees inside (and really humid), and even though we usually do meatless Mondays, I had a to a classic meal in the oven!

First, here's my new stove!
I haven't used the Convect bake option yet, but I think I am going to make cookies this weekend!

Meatloaf
(I used the recipe on the back of the Lipton Onion Soup mix box for a change)
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 Cups bread crumbs
2 eggs
1/3 C ketchup
3/4 C water (if needed--I used 1/2 Cup and it was very moist)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Place into a loaf pan (or muffin tin for individual servings). Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.


Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
4 Medium red potatoes, cleaned and diced (with skins)
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
2 ears of corn on the cob
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste

Potatoes and Corn Directions
Place potatoes on a cookie sheet in a single layer, drizzle olive oil over the top, season with salt and pepper.

Place corn on the other end of the cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and turn corn to coat. Sprinkle with salt.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


Hubby's Rating:
Like it, he didn't have much to say about this one, just liked it!

My Take:
I liked it! Meatloaf was nice and moist. We got 1 meal out of it on Monday night, left overs Tuesday night and 1 piece was left over, which I had in a sandwich this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment