Sunday, July 25, 2010

Slacking....

Sorry I slacked a bit this weekend. Hubby was on call for work, so he's been all over the state of Maine and I've just been relaxing....I really have no excuse!!

So, I skipped the What I wanna Try Fridays and the Snack Time Saturdays. Sorry about that! Today I will combine both posts, but I'm going to do them out of order. Sound fair?

Snack Time Saturday

This week I made the best snack ever! And, I do believe it was the easiest to date!

Microwave Chocolate Cake
(with Strawberries and Cool Whip)

1 box chocolate cake mix
Oil, water and eggs as directed on box
Chocolate Chips
Cool Whip
Fresh Strawberries
1 Tbsp sugar



Mix batter for chocolate as directed on box (or make one from scratch, but what makes this easy is using the box mix). Now, using a Vent and Serve Container from Tupperware or the Heat and Serve Container, add either all of your mix or part of your mix, depending on the size of your container. Add chocolate chips to batter top, but don't stir in. Place cover on and cook in microwave 5 minutes, then 1 minute longer until cake pulls away from sides of dish. (I divided my batter so I made 2 cakes, each one took 6 minutes.)



While cake is cooking, slice strawberries and add sugar. Stir and let sit to create juices. Once cake is done, invert onto a dish and let cool. Add cool whip and strawberries before serving. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips if desired.


Hubby's Rating: Love it!

My Take: This is so simple and tasty there really isn't any complaint I can think of!! I wish I had a bigger Heat and Serve dish. I got mine as a hostess gift for holding a party. I am trying to work with my Tupperware Consultant to see if she can get me a bigger one!! As you can see from the post below, I really love this use for it!


What I Wanna Try Fridays

Microwave Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 yellow cake mix, mixed as directed
1 small can pineapple rings
1 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
Maraschino cherries

Melt butter in bottom of Tupperware dish. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the butter. Place the pineapple rings around bottom of the pan and place a cherry in the center of each pineapple ring. Pour in prepared cake mix and microwave 7 minutes on high. Reduce heat to medium power and microwave an additional 7 minutes. Take out of the microwave and let set about 5 -15 minutes. Invert onto plate, eat and enjoy!

Of Course, divide the recipe if you don't have the large container (and then go and bug your Tupperware consultant to see if she/he will let you buy a bigger one!).

1 comment:

  1. The miracles that can be achieved with a microwave!
    mariaisabel
    swap-bot Im a blogger, Follow me!
    herkaleidoscopeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete